⚠ Note: This product is not developed anymore and might not function properly.
The AVG Rescue CD is provided in two versions: an ISO image that can be easily burned to an optical disk (CD), or a compressed version that can be installed to a bootable flash drive (USB). Once this is done, you can simply boot from the drive of choice directly to the AVG menu, where you can scan for viruses, edit files, test your drive, or even edit the registry. You can also access a number of common Linux tools to make changes to your system.
Features and Highlights
- Anti-virus – protection against viruses, worms, and Trojans
- Anti-spyware – protection against spyware, adware, and identity theft
- Administration toolkit – system recovery tools
- Midnight Commander – a two-panel file manager
- Windows Registry Editor – simple registry editor for more experienced users
- TestDisk – powerful hard drive recovery tool
- Ping – to test the availability of network resources (servers, domains, IP addresses)
- Common Linux programs and services – vi text editor, OpenSSH daemon, ntfsprogs, etc